Working with human suffering on a daily basis and being sensitive to the despair, frustration and fear embodied in our clients does have an impact on us as workers. In order to be effective in our work we need to be grounded, hopeful and focused. In this session we will discuss 4 key strategies for enhancing and maintaining our capacity to be a conscious and resilient professional.
Participants Will Learn To:
- Understand the most obvious and the hardest core strategies for managing our experiences of human suffering
- Understand how and why we get dysregulated working with vulnerable populations
- Identify strategies for workplace resilience
- Have insight into metapsychological phenomena (transferance, projection, countertransference)
- Discuss existential beliefs that guide and comfort us in our work with clients who experience unremitting suffering.